Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I had an encapulation system installed in the crawl space of

Customer Question

I had an encapulation system installed in the crawl space of my townhome in 2013. The system has failed probably due to a bad drainage system which my HOA is not legally required to repair. Do I have a case against the company that sold me a system that was suppose to pump out the water no matter what; they claimed no outside drain lines were needed that their system works from the inside. I paid $12,000 for the system and with all the problems with water coming in to the crawl space it took them 9 months to "finish" their work. I had to pay $3000 to hvac company to put in new ducts that the the Encapulation company insisted I needed for them to finish their work. When it rains hard and alot water goes right into the crawl space and can't get to the pump because there is mud in the water and their are "hills and valleys" in the cleanspace so the water can't get to the pump.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. Can you tell me the State that your question pertains to?