Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I live on property (small acre Deschutes Co. OR) bought by

Customer Question

I live on property (small acre Deschutes Co. OR) bought by my son and I have used a driveway here for 91/2 years. The owner next door of similar property (unimproved until 4months ago) now claims that the driveway encroaches on his property and intends to build a fence that would stop me from using "driveway". His answer would be to totally remove a building that existed before his property purchase, which he claims would give me room for driveway.
Are there legal rights of long term usage?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. First, can you please clarify - does the driveway encroach on his property? Or, it does not? Or, you are not sure? Has a survey been done?

Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!