Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Are verbal farm agreements valid, county

Customer Question

are verbal farm agreements valid, mason county ky
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Are you talking about some type of lease of the farm, or a purchase, or something else?

.

Has either party taken any action based on the verbal agreement?

.

thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no one has taken any action except we verbally told these people that we wanted them to leave in 30 days, it is a verbal lease whereas everything profit and cost wise is split down the middle, we supply te land and 1/2 the funds and they supply the labor and 1/2 the funds
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
everything has always been done verbally, no written contracts, we are trying to sell the farm, it was all in a trust and it has to be sold the teo men working the farm are refusing to leave

Thank you for that information.

.

What was the duration of the verbal agreement.... Did the parties say "We will let you use the farm on a yearly basis and split the profits"

.

Or did they say "we will raise crops/livestock and then sell them when they are ready and split the profits"?

.

.

thanks