Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Ive lived in this house 3 months no problem before I moved

Customer Question

Ive lived in this house for about 3 months no problem before I moved in the there was a murder suicide and the house had been abandoned with no owner in forclosure and no one in the family wanted it so I did my research on the property and decided to move in it ..now the doors were already open so researched the adverse posession law for texas . So about a week ago a strange man claims he bought the property he brought no police nor paper work stating who he really was so I need to know do I have a case or not or what should do I'm a single mother with 4 children and was homeless and have never did anything like this ever before i did this to help me and my children
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Can you tell me how long in total you have been in possession of the house?

.

Has the "new owner" served you with any type of written notice to vacate?

.

.

thanks