How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 17899
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I signed a listing agreement when I was very vulnerable.

Customer Question

I signed a listing agreement when I was very vulnerable. Realtor said he would take care of everything. He didn't. He wanted me to lower the price $34,000 within two weeks and only shown to two people. He has never sent me a signed listing contract.
JA: Huh?
Customer: Also, he withdrew it from the MLS for almost 3 months now. I never signed a withdrawal. I emailed him a list of people that I had shown the property to before I signed the listing agreement. He never sent me modification of terms. He his owner and broker won't send me any of my or his signed paper work. My blood pressure is skyrocketing and am not on antidepressants and anti-anxiety medications. The broker says he can't do anything. I'm 71 years old and feel like this is a form of elder abuse. I even had an attorney ask for my paperwork and they ignored him too. What can I do. can I punish in the newspaper or put it on the news regarding how much they are torturing me. I've missed labor day and 4th of July. The 2 big times to sell in the resort area of big bear. Help? susan Pierce
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. It's only $5. Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I had one, he wrote a letter asking for all my records and they ignored him too.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I'm I'm California?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to file complaint against the real estate agents with the licensing board, California Department of Consumer Affairs, Bureau of Real Estate:

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Related Real Estate Law Questions