Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I signed a listing agreement when I was very vulnerable.

Customer Question

I signed a listing agreement when I was very vulnerable. Realtor said he would take care of everything. He didn't. He wanted me to lower the price $34,000 within two weeks and only shown to two people. He has never sent me a signed listing contract.
h
JA: Huh?
Customer: Also, he withdrew it from the MLS for almost 3 months now. I never signed a withdrawal. I emailed him a list of people that I had shown the property to before I signed the listing agreement. He never sent me modification of terms. He his owner and broker won't send me any of my or his signed paper work. My blood pressure is skyrocketing and am not on antidepressants and anti-anxiety medications. The broker says he can't do anything. I'm 71 years old and feel like this is a form of elder abuse. I even had an attorney ask for my paperwork and they ignored him too. What can I do. can I punish in the newspaper or put it on the news regarding how much they are torturing me. I've missed labor day and 4th of July. The 2 big times to sell in the resort area of big bear. Help? susan Pierce
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this. It's only $5. Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I had one, he wrote a letter asking for all my records and they ignored him too.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I'm I'm California?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to file complaint against the real estate agents with the licensing board, California Department of Consumer Affairs, Bureau of Real Estate:

http://www.dre.ca.gov/Consumers/FileComplaint.html

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.