Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

Bought a 3 acre parcel at Tax Sale in 2015 which "period of

Customer Question

Bought a 3 acre parcel at Tax Sale in 2015 which "period of redemption" is over, without any attempt to do so. Need to foreclose and seek Quiet Title. How do I proceed? Is this a process I can accomplish?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You do not need to do anything now other than file something in the property records to confirm your ownership by tax deed purchase. Here is a site with an affidavit you can use to file in the property records with a copy of your tax deed attached to perfect your ownership interests. See: http://hughwood.blogspot.com/2008/10/affidavit-of-title-under-tax-deed.html
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok...I'll accomplish this but how do I take permanent conveyance of the property and achieve a "Quiet Title Award"?
Thank you for your reply.
If you do what was stated in that link, that gives you the quiet title. That is your conveyance with your tax deed.