Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

On Monday, June 13, I visited with two real estate sales

Customer Question

On Monday, June 13, I visited with two real estate sales people.
Afternoon Tuesday, June 14 and Wednesday, June 15, one of the sales people, Debra, took me to view properties, a total of five. None were suitable.
On Sunday, June 19, I telephoned Debra to tell her that I found a property I would like to bid on. She told me that this is where we part. I will turn you over to Becca who will take good care of you.
Monday, June 19, the paperwork was submitted to the listing agent. Wednesday, June 22, Becca telephoned early afternoon to tell me that I was one of the three or four final bidders.
Becca didn't call again.
Thursday, June 20, I left a voice mail for Becca asking who I should call in the future if I found a property I wanted to view.
Becca did not return my call.
Becca had sent me a link which enabled me to search for properties. It now says "domain expired on June 22.
I then visited with another real estate agency telling them that I had been given the boot by my previous agent.
On Tuesday, June 28, Becca called. "How are you? Are you willing to go higher in your pricing."
When I told her that I was with a new agency because I was under the impression that she no longer wanted to represent me, she said that was a misunderstanding and that I had a six month contract and could not change agencies. Also, that she told me that she would call me every Tuesday (news to me). Also, that she no longer takes people out for viewing. On June 13 at our first meeting she had said that she no longer went out for viewing because she recently had a baby.
She also said that she would e-mail me another link so I could do searches. She never sent a link
I then e-mailed my story to a broker with a copy to a team leader at the agency, telling them that under the circumstances I no longer wanted to deal with them. He, Bob, answered and said that I should not sign with another agent because he wanted to talk to his agents first. This was June 28.
June 30 I sent Bob another e-mail asking him to send me a copy of the contract I'm told I signed. I had not received a copy.
I'm presently renting a condo and have not renewed my lease so I'm anxious to find something ASAP.
What do I do now?
Ingrid ***********
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:

1) Who did you sign the contract with - Debra, Becca, or the company they work for?

2) Are either of them Realtors, or not, and real estate agents?

3) You do not have a copy of the contract. Correct?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!