How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7155
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in a townhouse in Miami, FL. We have no garages or

Customer Question

I live in a townhouse in Miami, FL. We have no garages or car ports. Over the years a tree has grown to a point where it is a serious problem for my cars. The tree sheds these red flowers that fall onto the car and etch themselves into the paint. My next door neighbors car has been ruined by the tree. I just purchased two new cars and don't want them damaged. Miami/Dade County will not allow us to cut the tree down, it is considered endangered. Is there any way I can force the HOA into allowing me to build a car port.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 9 months ago.

You can petition the board in that direction, but I'm afraid that you won't have much success forcing the HOA to do anything that the board does not want to do. They have the law on their side as well as the provisions of the CC&Rs which gives them the authority to do pretty much what they want to. Yes, you can take them to court, but your chances are very slim and you'll spend a great deal in legal fees. Does the trees shed those flowers year-round? If not, then why not try tarps during the period when it they are shedding the flowers.

Please don't forget to enter a rating by clicking on one of the five boxes at the top of this reply. We are not employees of Just Answer, and only receive credit for assisting you when the rating is positive.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? I am not an employee of Just Answer and I receive credit for assisting you based on your rating. Please enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Related Real Estate Law Questions