Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I live in Montecito in a cul-de-sac with 4 houses. At the

Customer Question

I live in Montecito in a cul-de-sac with 4 houses. At the request of one on the owners, I got quotes to slurry coat our shared driveway. Reasonable $2,382. - divided amongst 4
owners, $595.50 each. The project was postponed as one of the owners was putting in a paver drive,blocking access, and by the time his road was done we were told it was to late for slurry and we needed to wait until Spring 2016. About ten days ago I received an email from, I'll call her DL. It was a bid for a new ASPHALT Road for $9880. Cost per owner
is now $2500. I was shocked. So far DL and one other owner has committed to this project.
Owner #3 is selling her home now. She has not committed to this project at this time. I had an altercation with DL when I told her why I did not want to participate. She threatened me and said ''THE NEW OWNER COULD COME AFTER YOU FOR THAT MONEY IF YOU DON'T PARTICIPATE". New Owner? +My area of shared drive was eliminated from the new bid.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this? Are you asking if they can sue you to recover for your share of the cost?