WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

We sold are apt. on a land contract. The buyer is now in

Customer Question

we sold are apt. on a land contract. The buyer is now in default. We know he will be closing soon with us because a week after he bought it he sold the interest in the property to someone else illegal I thought. since he is in default can we ask for more money.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 10 months ago.

Yes, correct. Under Michigan law, you would be entitled to ask for more from your buyer, since he has already defaulted, but as you say, he needs to close with you to deliver title to the other buyer.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Now, Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best. That is how this site works. Please rate so I can get credit for my work.