Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

The gather has 3 adult children. There is property. The

Customer Question

The gather has 3 adult children. There is property. The father had the oldest son and the one daughter on. The contract. Before he could change this to the 3 adult children he pssed. The oldest son passed before the father. Because 2 of the boys were not put on this. Could the 2 fight for their share in the real estate. It is in all 3 names now as their Aunt had it done.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 7 months ago.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and the issues, and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My ex-husband and I had 3 sons and 1 daughter. We bought this home in 1974. We divorced and I let him keep the property. Sometime like in 2000 my exhusband received a a loan on the property. He had insurance on this loan so if anything happened to him it would be paid. When signing this he just put our oldest son and daughter on this. He passed in 2008 and the adults kids had their Aunt do all the business part and in doing so my oldest son was removed as he had passed before his father. So the Aunt had my daughter's name remain on it and had the other 2 boys put on. My daughter keeps bringing it up that she is going to see a lawyer and get the brothers off. She says it is her place. Now if the boys name were not put on could they protest and get a share of the property.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No call as O can't affod it. I'm sorry-NO CALL PLEASE

Thank you for the information.

I am afraid that your daughter is correct. The property is hers. Title to the property controls. Even if their father had a Will, the names on the property at the time of his passing would be the owners of the property. So, she can infact seek the removal of the two sons' names from the title as the names were added after the passing of their father. The sons would have no claim to the property.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You were of great help. Thank you .

You are quite Welcome!

Thank you for your cooperation.