Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

I've just signed a residential real estate purchase

Customer Question

I've just signed a residential real estate purchase agreeemnt in missouri. I've had a negative financial development which places me in a difficult position. Is there a break-up period provided and missouri law say that within 48 hours you can rescind the agreement?
Thank you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Is there a break-up period provided and missouri law say that within 48 hours you can rescind the agreement?

.

Unfortunately no, there is no statutory right of rescission in Missouri unless it is specifically stated in the contract.

.

However, if your purchase was contingent on you being able to obtain financing, then your change of situation may allow you to end the contract if you can no longer get a loan from the bank.

.

.

thanks