Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Scotty, I have rented a room to a man w/o a lease or

Customer Question

Scotty, I have rented a room to a young man w/o a lease or contract. Rules of the house were to help with keeping community areas clean, bath, kitchen etc. No such luck, dishes always in bedroom. health hazard. Had girlfriend over immeddiately 4 nights. Addressed this right away and limited guest to 1 night. However, sneaks her in. Many requests made and ignored.. Owes 50 still for June rent. Will not pay.. Extremely rude. Always slams bedroom door in my face and states I must address him in writing. So I have, On may 15th . inwriting, I notified him to vacate the premises no later than june 14th. I realized I had to give hima full month. He insisted on using his sercurity and I accepted in writing advising he was to vacate in 30 days. Letter writte on 5-29. Again, yesterday, june 30th I stated i wanted him out immediately. He laughs at me behind closed doors. What to do???
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Please note: (1) If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; and (2) I answer most questions within the hour. However, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and JA’s site disclaimers presented to you earlier. Finally, please remember to assign a feedback rating to close out the question.

I am not sure if the expert you want is online. If you want me to assist you, please let me know. If not, please click the "opt out" button on your end of this portal to be transferred back to the general pool of experts...