Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I am a local business in Richmond. Va, Advanced Home

Customer Question

Hello,I am a local business in Richmond. Va, Advanced Home Exteriors. I have on line advertising companies calling me all the time promising the world and front map page listing and things of that nature. My question basically is can or even should I work with more than one company to get my name out there. I don't know alot about advertising I do know alot in my field of expertise. Please if you could give me any advice I would really appreciate it. I have a great name in siding,roofing,replacement Windows and much much more in exterior renovations. But getting my company to the next legal I believe I may have made a mess hiring so many advertising com. They keep telling me it's okay to use more than one but I don't see my business growing on the internet like I believe it should be. I have been advertising my business for over I believe 6 yrs. What can I do or who can I speek with ? Thanks for any help you can offer...
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

These companies typically do not really do anything more than you can do yourself by getting a google ad clicks. See: https://www.google.com/adwords/how-it-works/

These advertising companies just use the similar technology to keep your ad on front pages of search engines when they search your business. However, the other thing we see helpful is advertising and reviews on sites such as "Yelp" because more people are searching for services on those sites.

It is okay to use multiple ad services, but using ad services sometimes does not translate into more business like many owners think. The old fashioned mailer and targeted fliers to places that could use your service are usually more effective still.