Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I owe back property taxes 1999 14x70 house trailer.I bought

Customer Question

I owe back property taxes for my 1999 14x70 house trailer.I bought it in 2003 had the title changed over into my name.Had it moved to my property in Sublette county. But did not pay the taxes. I already feel I will lose my property for back taxes.Is there any thing I can do.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Generally, they do not come and repossess or take your trailer because of non-payment of taxes on the trailer. They can sell real estate for back taxes, but your trailer, they will put a lien on the title and prevent you from selling it and can also subsequently file to suspend your driver's license for back taxes, but they are not going to take your trailer.