Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Bought property from a lady who was administer. Her late

Customer Question

Bought property from a lady who was administer. Her late husband had died years ago with no will. If two heirs dont sign quit claim deed, what can we do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.

You can't force the other heirs to sign....and if they don't you would own an interest with the other heirs.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
nothing we can do?
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.

The only thing you can do is file a partition lawsuit to force the division of the property between the owners OR to force the sale of the property if it is not divisible.

Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.

If you file a partition suit, the court can order that the property be appraised to set the value. Then, any of the owners can attempt to buy out the interests of the other owners.

Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!