Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I'm in Florida and I signed a lease home year. I was told

Customer Question

I'm in Florida and I signed a lease for a home for a year. I was told verbally that I could have two dogs. The manager that showed the property no says she doesn't remember saying that. I sent in my lease with both dogs names. They called back saying I could only have one dog. I told them I'd have to think about it. So I found another place.
JA: OK. The Real Estate Lawyer will need to help you with this.
Customer: I called today to say I found another place and I'd like my money back and they said I couldn't get out of the lease. I can send in writing that I want out and they will keep all monies paid until they find another renter
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: They also said that they spoke to the owner and she reluctantly agreed to take a second dog. But I'
ve already given my word to another landlord
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No, I think that's all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney and I look forward to assisting you.

Does the lease say that you can only have one dog?