RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

Statute of limitations promissory note from 1999 Estate

Customer Question

Statute of limitations promissory note from 1999 for Real Estate damages
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon. Can you share with me what State this is in and also a little more about what happened?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Indiana. Damage to rental property

Thank you. Yes, there is and the SOL would have run and could be raised as a defense, if the party tries to sue. Written: 10 yrs. §34-11-2-11; 6 yrs. for contract for payment of money §34-11-2-9; Oral: 6 yrs. As such, even under 10 years, you would be looking at 2009 as to when the SOL would expire.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.