Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

I WANT TO PURCHASE A CONDO IN MOON TWP PA. THE TRANSACTION

Customer Question

I WANT TO PURCHASE A CONDO IN MOON TWP PA.
THE TRANSACTION WOULD BE BETWEEN MYSELF AND THE CURRENT OWNER.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO PROTECT ME LEGALLY? TITLE SEARCH?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi Kevin. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today! It will take me just a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

You'll need several things: i) you want to require the owner to provide you a title insurance policy, which will include the delivery of a title commitment prior to closing to see what, if any, encumbrances, exceptions, and liens on title that may exist that aren't acceptable to you; ii) you will want the owner to provide a real estate residential disclosure which forces the owner to disclose anything the owner knows that a buyer would consider material; iii) you will want the condo association to provide you a buyer's package which will contain any restrictions governing the title and any unpaid fees or pending assessments; iv) you will want to require a warranty deed; and v) you will want to engage an inspector to inspect the condo to see if there are any issues with HVAC, plumbing, electrical, etc. (and, you want to make sure the inspector has an infrared camera to detect moisture in the floors, walls, or ceiling.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!