Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I WAS RECENTLY RECIEVED A ZERO RECOVERY IN A SMALL CLAIMS

Customer Question

I WAS RECENTLY RECIEVED A ZERO RECOVERY IN A SMALL CLAIMS COURT AFTER AN EVASIVE TACTICAL LANDLORD BAITED AND SWITCHED INFORMATION THAT WAS PRESENTED TO THE JUDGE, THERE WERE TWO SEPARATE LEASES , THE FIRST LEASE WAS NOT SIGNED BY ME, ONLY THE LAND LORD, THE SECOND LEASE THAT WAS SIGNED BY BOTH OF US CLEARLY STATED THAT I AS A TENNANT WAS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BGE BILL OF THE HOUSE.HOWEVER THE LANDLORD WITHHELD 500$ OF THE SECURITY DEPOSIT FOR THAT VERY REASON, TOTAL AMOUNT OF THE SECURITY WAS 1000.$ I RECIEVED A CHECK 50 DAYS AFTER.VACATION OF PREMISSES, BALTIMORE CO. TENENAT LAW CLEARLY STIPULATES THAT SECURITY DEPOSITS RETUNED AFTER 45 DAYS ENTITLES THE TENNANT TO AT LEASE 3 TIMES THE AMOUNT OF THE ORIGINAL DEPOSIT.HOW COULD THE JUDGE HAVE RULED 0 RECOVERY.REFFERING TO ME IN THE FORMAL MRS., BUT REFFERING TO THE DEFENDANT IN THE INFORMAL FIRST NAME. THE DWELLING WAS A SINGLE FAMILY HOME . THE LANDLORD RENTED OUT THE BASEMENT OF THE HOUSE ,WITH THE LEASE ALSO STATING THAT WE (MY FAMILY 3PERSONS) WOULD BE THE ONLY TENNANTS,HTERE WAS ONLY ONE METER ON THE HOUSE,AND THE DOWN STAIRS TENNENTS HAVE NUMEROUS CHILDREN WITH FULL AMENATIES INCLUDING WSHER AND DRYER WALL TO WALL ELECTRIC FIRE PLACE FREEZER AND DISHWASHER. PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT HAPPENED AND HOW , WHEN AND IF I CAN APPEAL
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What state is this in?

Also, there's a limit to what I can tell you about "how to appeal" since I'm not familiar with the case and can't get familiar enough with it in a format like this.