Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

135 bundles of of roofing shingles and other roofing

Customer Question

135 bundles of of roofing shingles and other roofing supplies were deposited on my roof thus endangering implosion of the my roof, or resulting in serious damage to my roof. There is and was no contract whatsoever, either verbal or written. No permission to trespass on my property or deposit the bundles and other building materials was granted, or even requested. No notification of delivery was provided either before or after delivery. One month has transpired. About a week ago, I contacted a "roofer" I had spoken with. He admitted to deliberately having directed a local supplier to deliver the materials to my house totally without my permission or authority and totally without any contract (verbal, or written; nor signed or fully executed)! Based on the facts of scurrilous trespass and delivery without my approval, a written contract or any other proper authority, I believe the roofer freely abandoned the shingles and roofing supplies of his own freewill as an "anchor" to intimidate me from doing business with a contractor of my own free choice.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

I have read your comments but I am not sure what your specific legal question is that I can help with tonight?

.

Did this roofer just pick you out of a hat to have shingles deposited on your roof or did you have some type of contact with them prior?

.

There are some more details in the back story that would be helpful to know here...

.

.

thanks