Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I entered into a contract to buy a home on 6 June 2016 in

Customer Question

I entered into a contract to buy a home on 6 June 2016 in Cranberry Township PA 16066. At that time I put down 1500$ ernest money. The various property inspections were completed on 16 June 2016. I'd ask the seller to have 8 items attended to by a professional in the field of repair, at seller cost, prior to closing. The seller did not agree to the repairs and/or documentation that all things on the inspectors list have been corrected by a licensed contractor, etc. so I cancelled the contract on 25 June 2016. The seller is refusing to sign the release form for my ernest monies to be returned to me. Since the 25, the home has been placed back on active status and available to accept new offers...at the same times she is holding my ernest money for a terminated contract.
She has suffered no damages, though I have. Yet I can not get my ernest money released.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon. i am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Did you have a right to cancel? Was the inspection contingency still open?