Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My lease is expire in 07-06-16, i do not want to renew and i

Customer Question

My lease is expire in 07-06-16, i do not want to renew and i did not send the 30 day notice,landlord sed is renew automatic, but i want to move, how can i resolve this problem.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon Ester,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Have you looked at your lease agreement? What does it say about an automatic renewal and how soon in advance you must give notice of your intent to end the tenancy?

2. Are you saying that you asked the landlord about staying on---on a month to month basis until September?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.

Doug