MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

When selling premarital property on a contract must my

Customer Question

When selling premarital property on a contract for deed must my current wife sign the contract
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 5 months ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Your current wife would need to sign the deed (since you will be signing as a married man and this will prevent her from later potentially filing a claim against the purchaser), but she will not need to sign the contract if she is not on currently on title to the property.

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have not, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have. Also, please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.