AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
93913325

How do you get a copy of the PREVIOUS transfer disclosure

Customer Question

How do you get a copy of the PREVIOUS transfer disclosure statement that the seller to me received from his seller?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 12 months ago.

Hi, I'm Heather an attorney for 15 years and I'd like to assist you for informational purposes. You could state in your offer that it is contingent on your seller providing you a copy of the previous disclosure statement. If he does not want to agree to that, you could look at the county recorder's office, find the identity of the previous owner, and contact them directly and ask for it. That wouldn't really be of public record, because the real estate contracts are only between the buyer and seller. Hope this is useful. Let me know if this answered your question!