Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

MY question is pertaining to ca. civil code 1954- I

Customer Question

MY question is pertaining to ca. civil code 1954- I understand the landlord has the right to show the property to perspective tenants when proper notice is given but how often can he show the property and when does it become harassment? I am a property owner and have a friend who has given 30 day notice and the landlord is trying to schedule daily showings, is this permitted? It should be noted there is no bad blood between tenant and landlord and the property is in perfect condition, she has bought a home and is moving but is having trouble getting her affairs in order as she is catering to open house day at her property. thanks-
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

She is entitled to 24 hour reasonable notice.I would take that to mean that every other day is reasonable.And honestly she need not clean house here or otherwise prepare, if she has boxes packed.One thing I did when I had this problem was box and fill the garage so less in the house I had to deal with.Not sure is this is possible here but certainly the house should not have to look great, moving boxes, etc and the norm here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.