TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

I just signed a lease on Friday. It's Monday and I want out

Customer Question

I just signed a lease on Friday. It's Monday and I want out can I get out the lease
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Unfortunately, you can only cancel the lease if (1) the lease itself allows you to cancel (in which case you must follow any particular cancellation terms); or (2) the landlord agrees with you to cancel the lease. If (1) and (2) don't apply, then I'm sorry to say that you are obligated under the lease until it expires at the end of the term.

I am truly sorry that my answer may be bad news for you, but please understand that it would be unfair to you (and unprofessional of me) to provide you with anything less than an honest response. However, if your concerns were not satisfactorily addressed, then please let me know, and I will be happy to clarify my answer.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!