Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.

We have recently moved into a community who say they have an

Customer Question

We have recently moved into a community who say they have an HOA but has not yet enforced payment of dues to anyone. I am under the assumption that if the HOA has not yet created a board of directors or collected dues that we are not required to submit any type of plans of a job that we would like to have done outside. If we do the project can the HOA when established, have us remove it.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren a licensed attorney and I look forward to assisting you.

If there is no board or means of administration then you are free to do any outside work you want, which is not in violation of local ordinance or statute, and not in violation of the recorded covenants and declarations affecting your title.

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.