Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

What does "on or about" a certain date mean on a real estate

Customer Question

What does "on or about" a certain date mean on a real estate contact
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today! It will take me just a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

“On or about” means on the date expressed or a date which is deemed reasonable around the expressed date. What is reasonable however is up to the courts. But in general it should be within a few days. But the term is open ended and ambiguous but is intended to indicate that both parties desire a certain date but need the flexibility as it can not be certain.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer at the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can I send contract to you to look at? Are you located in California, if yes, where?Thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi Nina. I see your prior expert has opted out. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help.

What your prior expert has provided you is exactly right. But, if you will attach a copy of your contract, I'll be happy to take a look at it to see if there are other provisions that might impact the interpretation.