Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

Last August I rented my upstairs apartment and was not told

Customer Question

Last August I rented my upstairs apartment and was not told the woman was pregnant..I was very upset when she told me that they had another apartment but it fell through and they had to vacate where they were living..I assume they did not tell me because they lost the first apartment. My house was built in 1923 and it has only been owned by family..I don't know if it has lead paint but I do not want to go through the agravation of having it removed if I have lead paint...I am 79 yrs.old and have sclerosis of the spine. I would appreciate your help.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be gland to assist.
Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.
You would likely need to have the house tested in order to properly inform your tenants of the risk....especially with a child on the way.
Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.
If it turns out that the house does contain lead-based paint, you may have to remove the tenants to make sure there's no exposure you could be sued for in the future.
Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!