TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

My homeowner association send me a notice of violation

Customer Question

My homeowner association send me a notice of violation regarding my lawn and land scaping. Grass was little tall and due to rainy weather I could not cut the lawn on time. the homeowner association member send me unclosed and no reply address letter in my mailbox. I called the number which was in that letter and left the message for the guy that I want to reply to this letter but did not receive any call back. I want to know who is complaining about my property and is it in my rights to know the person(s) name(s).
In the letter they use very threatening language and ask me to fix my lawn and landscape within 10 days otherwise they will send the lawn services contrator and charge me for it with other violation fees. I want to reply to this letter but they did not share the address/email where I can send my reply. they just mention the phone number in the letter and do not pick up the phone so I can talk to someone and ask them my questions. In this situation what are my options.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Q: I want to know who is complaining about my property and is it in my rights to know the person(s) name(s).

A: Unfortunately, there is no legal right to know who complained. The HOA has the right to keep that information private.

Q: In this situation what are my options.

A: First, I would fix the lawn within 10 days as suggested in the letter. I doubt responding to the letter is really necessary in this situation. But if you really want to respond, then you can look up your HOA online, and likely get an address that way. If there is nothing online regarding your HOA, then you could pull the declaration (assuming you don't already have it) from your county's land records, and get an address there.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!