Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

Is there any way to get out of a by

Customer Question

Is there any way to get out of a by Wyndham timeshare agreement? We have been owners for about 14 years,about 4 years ago my husband was talked into purchasing more points, the salesman was good and tricky, now we are making payments on something we can rarely use do to availability. Also the rates keep going up in all directions, we can't afford it anymore. My husband is close to retirement and has some serious medical issues. We don't want to be forced into bankruptcy over this
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

HI - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Generally, the only way to get out of the timeshare without liability or exposure to financial liability is to sell your interest to someone else. Usually, the best option is to offer the property back to the timeshare company......if they don't repurchase it or help you find a buyer, then you'd have to try and find a buyer on your own.

Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Otherwise, if you stop paying, the timeshare company could sue or foreclose on the debt owed and seek a money judgment against you......

Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!