Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

My sister is in a memory unit at an assisted living home.

Customer Question

my sister is in a memory unit at an assisted living home. when she runs out of money and goes on medicaid, can they evict her? she is in lakeland, fl
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Unfortunately, if there is no method of payment then she can be evicted from an assisted living facility in Florida. There are ways to delay (ex. bankruptcy) that but eventually she will have to go someplace else. The home may take Medicaid, you may want to talk to them and see.

If your question has been answered, even if ht news isn't what you would have liked to hear, then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.