P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.
11181181

2 couples buying condo together in Florida. Ę doc sent to

Customer Question

2 couples buying condo together in Florida. Ę doc sent to one email address for each couple. I signed for both my husband and me. Other couple did the same. Is that legal? Can I get out of this contract before closing cause husband did not sign too?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I want to make sure I understand. YOu mention you are signing for your spouse...is this pursuant to a "power of attorney"?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No. The realtor did not know how to get 4 esignatures since 2couples are buying together. So she sent the E doc to me and I signed it as bob and sue smith. It just came to my email. My brother does e sigs all the time for his tax prep business. He said they send to 2 separate emails for husband and wife sigs or to the same email twice. Looking for a way out of this.

A real property purchase will require that each property owner sign the contract for sale OR that the issue a power of attorney to allow someone to sign for them.

So if there is not a signature from both parties to the contract? There is no contract.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.