Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

If I signed a buyers broker aggrement, if I go to another

Customer Question

If I signed a buyers broker aggrement, if I go to another state and purchase a home is the original contract enforceable? Will I have to pay the original broker a fee even though I made a purchase in anther state.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 5 months ago.

Did the buyer's brokers agreement only pertain to property in that state? Is the realtor licensed in the state of purchase?

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

That depends on what the agreement says. Normally they would only cover sales in the same state or that they assist with but contract could certainly be done to cover anywhere.

If you have a copy of the contract you can attach it in JPEG or PDF form and I can take a look at it.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.