Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.

How do I go about selling house, with no realtor, just using

Customer Question

how do I go about selling house, with no realtor, just using a lawyer?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi Susan. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today! It will take me just a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

All a broker does with regard to selling a home is to find your a buyer. A lawyer and/or title company does everything else for you in closing the sale. So, what you need to do is find a buyer without the broker. This is simply a sale by owner. You will want to take several steps to do this most efficiently. One, word of mouth through people you now. Two, put a sign in your yard. Three, place advertisements in the paper and online that you have a house for sale by the owner. This is getting much more common these days and if you are in a good market and price your house fairly, you should have no issues finding a buyer without a broker.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!