Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

Lived at this property since 2008. the landlord sadly passed

Customer Question

lived at this property since 2008. the landlord sadly passed on maybe a year later. paid rent to the person who was the managing agent the property. the same person that wrote all the leases for the property, on behalf of the owner. while he was alive. she however had stopped managing the property because she said she was told by the wife of the owner to discontinue her services because the wife herself, wanted to abandon all responsibilities and obligation to the property. at this point i took on the responsibilities to manage and maintain the property for all these February of this year the Marshall came and lock the door claiming that he had a court order. i went to the court, filed a counter claim,and proved my residency and was rewarded my keys from the judge to return to my residency without prejudice. the fictitious landlord filed another claim..., the neighbor claiming that he personally served my person which is a blatant lie...went to court on June 3rd. Judge did not "hear" he just says, oh you have to come back to court in July, supposedly for trial.How to file suit on fictitious landlord and the neighbor who blatantly lied to the court about serving me a notice personally?
How to file a real property claim of lien on this property?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am happy to assist.

I need a bit more information about your situation. What was the court action about that caused the marshall to lock the doors on you? Was this done by the wife? The neighbor? This wasn't clear.

Also, what is this new case about and what is the neighbor's interest in all this.

Hi there. I am still waiting on information from you so that I can assist. Then we can discuss your situation.

Thank you,

Hi, I was working with you on your legal situation, but I did not get a response to my questions.

Please let me know the answers and we can discuss.

Thank you!