RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases

My loan was with bean and whitaker. Some how i ended up with

Customer Question

My loan was with taylor bean and whitaker. Some how i ended up with cenlar. I refinanced with quick loans. Cenlar sent a payoff and release lien. I notice the document on the orginal loan where not accurate. The signature assumed to be mine was not. Some how my loan end back up with cenlar and they transfer my loan to nationstar.
JA: I see. When it comes to refinancing, even the paperwork can be daunting. It's always good to arm yourself with the right information, but in some cases it's crucial. Since laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Maryland
JA: The lawyers we work with have a lot of experience when it comes to real estate law, and it would be my pleasure to match you with the one who's the best fit. Are there any other pertinent details you'd like them to know?
Customer: The dates are wrong and signature. It looks like someone typed it out and filled in the blanks.
JA: Okay. Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. I was gather my paperwork.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I would like to find out where is the orginal promissory note is? And if any document were titled and recorded properly? why would cenlar purchase my loan right away after i refinance with quicken loans
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Real Estate Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 4 months ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Yes, it is possible that the loan was sold/transferred right after the closing, as this is very common practice. Whoever the owner/holder of the note is at this time, would be the company that has the original note. I say this because it needed to be indorsed when it was transferred, so the indorsement would have to be blank or specifically to them. Now, chain of title / the mortgage, is public record, so a chain of title should be able to be seen, showing it was from A to B to C. This would have been done via an assignment of mortgage. You can contact your current lender and see if they can provide a copy of the note and the indorsement and then proceed and search the public records online or go in person, to see chain of title.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!