Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

I was tricked by a law firm in california by telling me they

Customer Question

I was tricked by a law firm in california by telling me they were going to sue wells fargo on some type of mortage fraud i paid over 58 hundred dollars, i live in minnesota how to i try to get my money back the name of the firm was real estate law center - you can contact me by e-mail***@******.***
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If you google this firm, you will come up with a lot of bad reviews and people who are saying they are scammers.. So if they aren't responding to your communications and haven't provided the services you paid for, you can contact the CA Attorney General's Consumer Protection division and file a formal complaint against them for "deceptive business practices" and fraud and ask them to investigate and prosecute them. If they are engaging in fraud, then the AG's office can prosecute them and force them to repay customers as part of any settlement.

.

If they are a real law firm, you can also file a complaint with the CA State Bar Association against the attorneys involved for fraud and misrepresentation and they can investigate and potentially sanction or revoke the license of any lawyer who is engaged in illegal activity.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you very much

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time..

.

If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided so I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting "For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me.

.

.

thanks