Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  28 years of experience in General Practice, Real Estate Law and Estate Law.
68197583

I BOUGHT THE PROPERTY IN 2002, BUT UNDER MY NEPHEW'S NAME, I

Customer Question

I BOUGHT THE PROPERTY IN 2002 , BUT UNDER MY NEPHEW'S NAME, I PAID THE MORTGATE IN MY CHECKING ACCOUNT AND ALL THE PROPERTY BILL GO TO ***** NOW MY NEPHEW ASK ME HAVE TO PAY HIM 150K TO GRANDEED MY PROPERTY BACK TO ME. CAN I AGAINT HIM TO GET THE PROPERTY BACK WITHOUT PAY HIM 150K ??
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for you for your question. Just to clarify you purchased the property and the deed is titled in your nephews name. Is your nephew the named borrower on the loan? I understand that you have made all of the mortgage payments. In facts it sounds as though you have paid everything for the property.

Did you have anything in writing with your nephew outlining this agreement? Was there a reason the property was put into your nephews name?

Are you still with me?

You do have an action based on the fact that you have made all off the payments and can prove that you have paid. I am not sure of the reason that you placed the property is in name but you have legal recourse. Where in California is the real property located so I can provide you with a link for free consultations attorneys that can assist you on regaining title to the real property without paying your nephew 150K