Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

My Hoa has been maintaining lawn maintenance and sprinkler

Customer Question

My Hoa has been maintaining lawn maintenance and sprinkler turn on and blow outs for as long as I have owned the property (2007). An underground valve was broken by the landscaping company that the HOA hired and is saying that I am responsible for it. In our CCR's it says that the homeowners are responsible for lawn maintenance, but since the hoa has taken responsibility without amending the ccr's, shouldnt they be responsible for any problems that arise with our lawn maintenace or sprinkler problems?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 10 months ago.

No, that is not your responsibility. If the landscaping company broke the sprinkler, they are responsible for fixing it, and that is between them and the HOA that hired them. It gets complicated to because if you are legally responsible for it, then your homeowners insurance cover it. Therefore I suggest that you turn in a claim to them and let them duke it out with the HOA and the landscaping company. That way, you'll have a heavyweight in your corner who won't be bullied by the other two.

I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Hello again. Do you have a follow-up question? I am not an employee of Just Answer and I receive credit for assisting you based on your rating. Please enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.