legalgems, Arbitrator
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed

I need some help. I own a home -- the original grant deed

Customer Question

Hi- I need some help. I own a home -- the original grant deed was a co ownership..however, I think I had ammended the document to have me as the sole owner
a) I need help with fact finding-- who is on the deed(!); and then b) if multiple folks, how best for them to record a quit claim? advice/help....Thanks-
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 4 months ago.

The deed will be located at the recorder's office, in the county where the property is located; any person can access it as it is a public record. Some counties have this information on line (generally the larger counties).

For a quit claim, the party that is granting an interest (and a quit claim transfers it without any warranties -it just transfers any ownership, without guaranteeing there is an actual interest in the property) executes the deed, and records it at the recorder's office.

Information with instructions and sample form here

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you.

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Checking in on the above; thank you for using JA!