LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.

I live in Iowa, my property was foreclosed last September

Customer Question

I live in Iowa , my property was foreclosed last September and I have a 1 year redemption period running out this September and I'm not sure I have a good enough attorney I'm going against a good attorney here in mason city could you tell me if it matters who's money it is that pays off my foreclosed price does it have to be mine , can I have a friend pay it off and then buy it from them on contract ? I'm willing to talk in person and pay for consultation
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Yes, it does matter. As a rule the right of redemption belongs to the original owner/borrower of the property only and you cannot transfer that redemption right without permission of the lender. You would need to borrow the money from your friend and pay the redemption expenses yourself.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?

In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,