Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My sister in paisley Florida who has been unemployed years

Customer Question

My sister in paisley Florida who has been unemployed for 10 years and on an oxygen concentrator (bad health) tried to sell her manufactured home, currently her son age roughly 32 released from prison 1 year ago is under her care. They where trying to sell for 22-23,000 there was an offer for 22,000 before the closing date, my sister decided not to sell since she without income able to rent a place for her and her son. She signed the release and cancellation form provided by the real estate agent. The proposed buyer did not and last week started a suit to foreclose on the home. The clerk of court tells me she needs a lawyer, can someone assist me. Thank you Bill
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon Bill,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your sister's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. A buyer cannot foreclose on a property. Has your sister been served with any legal documents?

2. If she was without income in the first place, what inspired her to list the home for sale and enter into a contract with a buyer?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.

Doug

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you located in the county of Lakeland Florida
Expert:  LawTalk replied 5 months ago.

No I am not. But that is not an issue because we do not represent customers of JustAnswer. We assist in understanding the law and perhaps make a referral to an attorney that can help.