Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Landlord/Tenant - I need to talk with someone regarding our

Customer Question

Landlord/Tenant - I need to talk with someone regarding our breaking our lease. Talked with the managers many times before we gave our early termination notice and paid a months rent as required for April. We moved out in the middle of April, turned in keys, did walk thru etc. But now there is a collection agency after us for the full amount due thru my lease expiration of June 16th plus they kept our security deposit for a fee. Lived there for almost 5 years under two different management companies. Also they supposedly had a tenant to move into our apartment. They instead did major renovations starting April 25th and raised the rent $600-$800. Never got a tenant to rent it until the week of June 16th. Do I have a case?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

Good day. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Did the landlord sue you and obtain a judgment?