Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I am the President of an 12 unit condo building in Westwood,

Customer Question

I am the President of an 12 unit condo building in Westwood, CA. One of our "rogue" homeowners keeps leaving the exit doors open on the 3rd floor. This happens every single night. He claims that the dinner preparation of the neighbor next to him is creating an unbearable smell in the hallways. In my opinion, the smell is tolerable. Other neighbors are concerned that having the exit doors open is unsafe and are uncomfortable. Can we prevent someone from opening the doors regularly? Thanks!
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Is this a violation of condo rules and bylaws?

If so, do the rules and bylaws provide for the association fining the owners for violations?