Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

Berkis Dela cruz Just buy home owners financial but didn't

Customer Question

Berkis Dela cruz
Just buy home owners financial but didn't inspection done and house has lot problem but big happen yesterday ceiling failed up and believe 3 1/2 months but I buy house call company fix something didn't fixing was on before 30 notifications and send emails and photos didn't nothing. Any can do
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did you buy the house "as is?" You did not do an inspection, did they give you a chance to do an inspection?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
when we signed a contract they give me 30 days to check everything that was wrong with that house like the plumbing the electric but I caught them if you time and send a picture before 30 days happen and they told me that when I won't fix anything and then when the ceiling fill up I called into and I was demanding they fix the situation I didnt safety be with my kidso so I want to find out what can I do to even get my money back or they can fix the whole each of the problem with the house
Thank you for your reply.
If the contract gives you 30 days and they would repair it and if you notified them within that 30 days, then your next step I am afraid is that you will need to sue the seller. This means you will need to get a local attorney and you will need to have estimates for ALL of the repairs that must be made from licensed contractors and you would sue the seller for the cost of all of those repairs for breach of contract for not making repairs as agreed within 30 days of sale.
You are going to have to sue them if you informed them of the defects within 30 days and they did not correct them as required.