Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I sell a small house to a person on May 20,2016, without via

Customer Question

I sell a small house to a person on May 20,2016, without via a real estate agent. i.e. just seller and buyer signed purchase contract, use formal contract. the buyer took the signed
contract and promised to Title open escrow on the same day, but he did not go to Title company to open escrow, I can not contact him on phone letter. I went to the Title company and find that he did not open escrow, he just cheated me. Now I call him , he do not take phone, I leaved message, he do not answer me, may he have a fraud crime ? What can I
do now ?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you provide me a bit more information? Just to clarify, is the situation at this point that this prospective buyer signed a contract with you without delivering it to the title company or complying with this contract? You still own the home, correct? Are you out any money at this point? Thanks.