Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

I would like to file a civil case estate fraud. Is it

Customer Question

I would like to file a civil case for real estate fraud. Is it possible if it happened in 2005. Quick deed my name off Property without my knowledge.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Taylor replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** i would be happy to help you with your question!

Expert:  Taylor replied 4 months ago.

In California, Code of Civil Procedure section 338(d) sets the time limit at three years from the discovery of the facts constituting the fraud. Case law further limits this to "three years from the date the facts were discovered, or through reasonable diligence ought to have been discovered." Deliberate concealment of the facts by the defendant may postpone the date.

SO my question is, when did you discovery facts that constituted the fraud? Has it been witin the 3 years or was it at the time of purchase?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Discorved right away. Same month. Made police report
Expert:  Taylor replied 4 months ago.

the unfortunately the statute of limitations has passed on your case. If you discovered it in 2005, you have 3 years from the date of discovery of facts constituting fraud.

Expert:  Taylor replied 4 months ago.

My best advice would be to find a local attorney who could look deeper into your case. Without knowing more, it appears that your Statute of Limitations has passed because it is not within the three years since you discovered the facts that constituted fraud.

Expert:  Taylor replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry if this is not the advice you were looking for. As always, seeking a local attorney may provide different results pending more information. Are there any further questions i can answer for you at this time?

Expert:  Taylor replied 4 months ago.

Is there anything further i can do to assist you today?