Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have 3 rental properties in Pennsylvania under 2 different

Customer Question

HI there,I have 3 rental properties in Pennsylvania under 2 different LLCs because I heard from other investors before, you should always put investment properties under LLCs but recently I read an article about LLC saying that it might not protect you in some cases, for instance, if the husband and wife are the only members on the LLC in case of lawsuit the court might "pierce the corporate veil". Instead, some investors say to have the properties under your personal name and just get an umbrella insurance. Im planing on buying more properties but I'm not sure what to do now. Thanks
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Are you asking for an opinion as to what course of action to take?

.

.

thanks